Saturday, November 26, 2011

Paper Ornaments / Gift Tags



I made 30 of these in a couple of hours and love how they turned out!

Photobucket
I just love those ones that look like Christmas lights!


I used my Silhouette and this pattern from Better Homes and Gardens. Their ornaments are way more embelleshed than mine. I just like to make things as simple and easy as possible.

source: better homes and gardens

I used a sheet of red paper, a sheet of green, a sheet of red with raised bumps (bazzill basics), a sheet of green with raised bumps, and a 1/2 sheet of yellow with raised bumps. My Silhouette had problems cutting all the way through the thick paper, but that was probably compounded by the fact that I lost my cap for thicker media and had not gotten a new blade yet. I had to do a LOT of hand cutting which made this project take MUCH longer than I wanted.
I wish I had had the time to make those 2 on the upper right look better. I had to cut out the centers to use on the ornaments on the bottom row. Ideally they would have a yellow or opposite color circle layered on top of the scalloped circle shape.

Photobucket


If you'd like the files with the simplified shapes all laid out to use on your Silhouette, let me know and I'll send them over to you! Much easier than separating all of the little shapes and duplicating and arranging everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...