Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Beanbag Chair

This little guy has been in the works for 3 years. I started it when my son was 2 and now he is 5. I had all of the panels sewn together, but hadn't gotten to the point of doing the applique or putting on the velcro.

Photobucket
Please excuse that the whole thing is not in focus.
Having the top in focus looked better than the one other picture I took that had just the red in focus


I used the Michael Miller bean bag chair pattern/tutorial and it was very simple. I didn't end up doing the applique part on the inner as they said to though. I just sewed all of the panels totally together and left an opening for turning and then just sewed that opening up after we put the beans in. You can see the stitches, but it doesn't really matter since it's inside a cover.

The best thing is that I was envisioning this as a place for my son to sit and read originally, but he likes throwing it around and body slamming on it more. Whatever. It's done and both of my kids like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...