Thursday, January 12, 2012

"organized" closet!

I should have taken a before and after shot of this space! It was still a wreck after all of my Christmas crafting. Everything is now back in the closet and mostly organized, though it does need more work. I'm just happy to be able to see where everything is!

"organized" closet


I probably should get closet doors, but I really like having everything open and easily accessible. This space is just in my basement and not out in the open, so it doesn't need to look neat and pretty all the time.

One thing I wish is that I would have done my shelves a little closer together because I have a lot of wasted space. I could have fit another shelf in there! I also wish my lowest shelf was a little higher to fit my bulky things. Luckily, the case for my serger is soft and all but the handle fits in and then I just ripped off the top part of my fiber fill box to get it to fit under the lowest shelf, so it all mostly works. It just would have been nice to have it a few inches taller.

One of my goals for this year is to finish up some of those projects that have been sitting around for years.
Lucky for my etsy shop, I have TONS of aprons cut out that I just have sew, so hopefully a bunch of those will be listed this year. I also have a goal to sew more for me and my kids. I have all these ideas of cute things to make for them (especially my girly!) and have not done most of them.

As crafting is something that makes me feel happy and fulfilled after the loss of my twin sons, Isaac and Evan, I'm hoping to do much more of it as "therapy" for myself. Anything that will make you happier is a pretty good resolution to have. I hope you've made at least one goal that will make you happier in life as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...